The Dignity Institute empowers underserved youth & families with life & leadership skills that build strong communities, create a new narrative & improve the world.
Our learning platform called “SMART Conversations” (SC) helps people learn from each other; understand and manage the feelings that guide thinking and behavior; and create positive relationships. With SC skills on board, they resolve differences easily, make informed choices and work with others to create better, safer, more effective communities that reflect who they are and who they aspire to be.
For our youth programs, we also incorporate the Urban Arts, which is therapeutic, engaging and leads to improved social skills; enhanced literacy (song writing); physical well being (dance) and leadership.
Our adult programs focus on practicing SMART Conversations, which lead to empowerment; increased self-awareness; improved conflict resolution skills and enhanced parenting skills.
Our Mission, Vision, and Strategy
- Our mission is to help marginalized and underserved people in all health and human service areas of need
- Our vision is that all voices are heard and respected in organizations and society on a global scale
- Our strategy is to collaborate and partner with other non-profits by bringing SC to their organizations using our Train-The-Trainer model with a dual purpose:
- to create and sustain high organizational performance within our partner non-profit organizations
- to create and sustain high quality service delivery to the clients of the non-profit, customized to their specific needs and mission.
We invite you to learn more about us and to consider donating or volunteering.